Hendrick's Gin is produced in the Ayrshire region of Scotland from two stills, Carter-Head and Bennett Still: the first created in 1948 and manufactured by John Dore & Co .; the second, even older, designed in 1860 by London masters. In 1966 Charles Gordon - owner of William Grant & Sons - bought these two collectible stills without knowing exactly their future use. In 1988 Charles Gordon met Lesley Gracie, throwing a challenge on how to use these two stills to create a gin that could integrate an unusual mixture compared to the common. It took 11 years and a lot of experiments starting from plants, seeds, roots and fruits before being able to arrive at a formula able to satisfy the request of Mr. Gordon: 11 botanical species, some classic and some absolutely extravagant for the category - Yarrow, Coriander, Juniper, Chamomile, Cumin seeds, Cubebe berries, Elderflower, Orange peel, Lemon peel, Angelica root, Iris root - and a final infusion of damask rose petals and cucumber. Produced in small batch (450 liters per time), iconically served with tonic and the typical cucumber slice, Hendrick's Gin is simply unusual, not for everyone.