The Maison Delamain is derived from a family that had emigrated to Dublin in Ireland. James Delamain (1738-1800) marries Marie Ramson and returns to Jarnac in France in 1759 to form a company with his father-in-law Isaac Ranson, owner of a long-standing export company whose origins date back to the beginnings of cognac production. so in 1763 they created the Ranson et Delamain house. The house and the distillery are rebuilt from the 18th and 19th centuries, partly from the 14th century cellars and partly over an old Protestant temple, which will act as a brandy store during the revolution. The office was built in 1740 for a notary. The owners are, Ranson and Delamain, from 1763 to 1817, and starting from 1824, Paul Roullet and Henri Delamain. In 1920, the Delamain family became the sole owner of the Delamain cognac.
The Casa Delamain, whose origins in Charente date back to the early seventeenth century and are closely linked to the birth of Cognac, is one of the very few totally independent family-owned houses.
The exceptional aging of its distillates in the constant research to enhance the best qualities inherent in Cognac, is one of the characteristics that distinguishes the production of the Delamain family.
All products derive from the Grande Champagne, the most valuable area in the whole area with a designation of origin, the heart of the Charente.