The domain was founded in 1950 by André Thorin. At the beginning, this domain was composed of few vineyards in the Mainxe village which is situated in the most prestigious Cognac region: la Grande Champagne. Little by little, the domain expanded so, André Thorin installed his first still on his property. Year after year, he preciously stored a certain amount of his cognacs to entrust it to the future generations. Today, it constitutes the core of our oldest cognacs.
Since the 1990’s Claude Thorin has continued his father’s minute work. So as to develop the domain even more, he creates his own range of cognacs and decides to join the « Vigneron Indépendants ». In a ceaseless quest for perfection, he creates cognacs of exception. With this aim in view, he takes over an old prestigious property located on a famous terroir. In Segonzac and more exactly in the Biard hamlet, for more than one century, this property has sheltered generations of cellar masters and has witnessed a lot of eaux-de-vie ageing slowly in numerous barrels. Today it is the heartland, keeping our eaux-de-vie ageing slowly in its venerable cellars.