Billecart-Salmon was founded in 1818 in Mareuil-sur-A. from Fran.ois Billecart and his wife Elisabeth Salmon. Today, after two hundred years, the company is still a family company run by the seventh generation. The main objective of François and Antoine Billecart is to continue making champagne with the same dedication and precision as their ancestors. Today the 15 hectares of vineyards are divided into small plots in the most suitable areas of the area: Mareuil-sur-Ay, Damery, Ay, Mesnil-sur-Oger and Avize.